Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Europe Trip 2012 continued....

I know its been a while since I did my last post about our Europe Trip but hopefully I will complete it in this post or maybe the next...


Saturday morning we were off to Crans Montana Switzerland. 
Although the other places were beautiful & had great places to see,this was probably one of the favorite places I/ the group visited. London & Paris we were "go,go,go". Lots of people & traffic. Here, the snow capped mountians, quiteness of a small town, no rush to do anything-we didn't have to stay in groups, no more cigarette smoke everywhere, it came at the right moment. Seeing the Swiss Alps every morning, afternoon & evening was breath taking! I stood there many times in awe of our Creator!  We had a guided tour of the Castle of Chillin & took a beautiful walk along side Lake Geneva to Montreux. We also visited Zermatt & had our group photo taken & ate lunch on the The Mighty Matterhorn. Afterwards I did some shopping & then went off to see the memorial for the mountain climbers who lost their lives trying to climb. Ages ranged from 20yrs-70+yrs.
Both the choir & band performed one night in Switzerland. And I must say, these people were so great to watch. They had great appreciation & enthusiasm for the performances. 
They LOVE their nutella!!! about 50 euro ($50)

These sweet ladies were the first thing we saw as we pulled up to our hotel on the bus!

Our view of the Swiss Alps every morning/night! Well, everywhere we
looked we had a great view of the mountians!

On top of the mountain! Speechless at God's creation!

This is how clear the lakes were!

The Castle of Chillon

Toilets back in the day! Straight down into Lake Geneva

Loved seeing the swans out on the lake! Beautiful!

We left the Castle and walked along the lake to Montreux.  Took  about an hour.

Our meeting place in Montreux

Concert in Crans Montana!  Great crowd!

In Zermatt with the Matterhorn behind me & Hanna Beth

Welcome to Zermatt!

This is Biscuit and the man who took our group picture w/ Biscuit

Behind this church is a memorial/grave site to those who lost their lives on the Matterhorn.
The ages ranged form 20yrs-75yrs

One of the many headstones. There were a lot of beautiful one but this is probably my favorite

It rained in Crans Montana and we saw a rainbow on our walk to the tent

The locals held a party for us. Traditional fondue, music , dancing, and playing of the Alp Horns 

Alp Horns

Odd experience when I saw a man who kept looking at  me while I was taking pictures & then came up to me & grabbed my camera but b/c of the language barrier I wasn't sure what he was saying or doing. I finally realized he wanted to take my picture!

American Flag




It was hard picking out pictures to post.  There were so many beautiful ones! So again, you
can look on my Facebook and see the rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment